Watch our video!
Best practices in coaching - coaches from Spain, Sweden, Poland; Cyprus telling about the concept coaching (involved in the European Project Coach4you)
New Erasmus funded project that links in with COACH4u!
The following European partners were successfully awarded an Erasmus project starting in September 2014 (ending August 2016) -UK, Poland, Italy, Turkey.
The project is known as ‘InfoAble’ – project number 2014-1-UK01-KA200-001801
The aim of the project is to develop Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) training & assessment materials for young people and adults wishing to provide IAG support to people with disabilities. The main elements of the project will include:
- Needs analysis report outlining the status of IAG for people with disabilities in partner countries and the potential for volunteers to fulfil this role
- Development of training materials for IAG Advisors (including locally specific materials) available for download from the Web2SEE Hub website
- Creating a framework for the delivery of the materials
- Self assessment matrix and guide
- Volunteer IAG Advisor Passport (based on ECVET principles)
- Pilot of training, self assessment materials and framework
- Final Green Paper ‘Lessons Learned’ Report
- Dissemination and exploitation activities
Each partner is expected to establish a local panel of disabled people who will advise on the development of the materials and to be able to pilot the materials with a minimum of 20 adults and young people per partner. The materials will be designed to be delivered primarily through self-directed learning with a qualified professional providing mentoring support.
The project is only just starting but the links with COACH4u are clear in that coaching skills will be crucial for the effective delivery of IAG to disabled learners.
The website is not yet built but we will link into the InfoAble website by April 2015. Watch this space!
- Coach4u flyer on slideshare
- ICF – International Coach Federation
- European Mentoring and Coaching council
- International Coaching Community
Presentation of Professor David Clutterbuck at the first European mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) ‘EMCC in Education’ conference held on 16.9.2014 in London.
EMCC in the UK is leading an initiative to bring together practitioners and managers in the education sector who want to aim for high quality coaching and mentoring and they are aiming to raise the standards of coaching and mentoring in the education sector.
Professor Clutterbuck is Visiting Professor in the Coaching and Mentoring faculties of Oxford Brookes and Sheffield Hallam universities in UK and he is special ambassador for EMCC. He is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of highly successful mentoring and coaching programmes in numerous organisations around the word and has been listed as one of the top 25 most influential thinkers in the field of human resources by HR Magazine and was placed by The Independent on Sunday (national newspaper in UK) ) as second in the list of top business coaches in the UK.